Thursday, April 26, 2012

Feathering your Nest


I've had computer woes all week, so this isn't the post I was planning.  I'm hoping my connection holds so I can properly post this, so I'll be brief!

 I finished my sewing roll early in the week.  And I've been thinking about how to feather my nest, using stitches and repurposing household or other items.  The first thing we did back when we moved in to our place was change the wall lamps (which are very permanent, rather institutional, and give off a lot of light).  I made some fused paper works that we mounted in front of the lights to make them our own.  I think the style is very scrappy quilt like, although I wasn't really thinking of it at the time.  The many-colored shades actually soften the light in the room, which was pretty harsh from the plain white walls.  

I'm making some stitchy things that are suitable for our nest.  I'l be back tomorrow to post pictures of my finished Zakka Sewing Roll for the ZSSAL.  And maybe some peeks at what else I'm up to!  Supposing my connection holds....




2 comments:

  1. Neat light covers!! I bet they cast a lovely glow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE the light covers! The shapes are very graceful and the gradations of color are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I am happy for all comments and I will try to answer each one if I can!