Saturday, April 28, 2012

Sewing Rolls and the World Wide Web

I'm still having trouble connecting, but early on a Saturday morning is a good time to squeak into a network, even if my connection is a trickle.  I've missed blogging and reading blogs this week!  I did get some sewing done, and here is a bit of it.  These are for the Zakka Style Sew-Along!

Green Zakka Style Sewing Roll


Green Zakka Style Sewing roll, open

This week's host was Katy of I'm a Ginger Monkey.  She showed us her versions of the Zakka Sewing Roll, really fantastic grey and bright coral kits.

I made the stamps for these with potato stamps and acrylic paint, and went back in a painted over some areas to add some detail and a bit more color.  For the next one I make I'll make the pocket a little higher to accommodate my special seam ripper!  I think I'd also choose a thinner batting, to tone down the pouf factor.


Do you see the little hearts on the inside of the key?  I liked making this stamp.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lizziebird/7120662967/in/photostream/

With 
With the slow connection, Lindsey from LR Stitches linked me up to her group page.  Thanks Lindsey!






2 comments:

  1. Love the green linen and the little dots on the trim! Potato stamp with acrylic paint - BRILLIANT idea!! Your sewing kit is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, the stamps are totally brilliant! How cute is the key!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I am happy for all comments and I will try to answer each one if I can!