Monday, April 9, 2012

Zakka Style Bag Love



My first finish that isn't a pillow or wall hanging!  I've been working on the Zakka Style Sew Along, and the first project is this great ZIg Zag tote.  I have to say, it wasn't easy for me to get it perfect,  (and I didn't) but I had a lot of fun figuring out the pattern and practicing my cutting and sewing.




This cool bag is made of linen and quilter's cotton, with a contrasting inner pocket, magnetic snap closure, and accent quilting on the outside.  Perfect for books, or flea market finds!




My points don't match, and the bag lost a little height with my cutting, but it makes me so happy to see something I made myself, with fabric I chose, that fits right into my feathering nest!








1 comment:

  1. great bag...no matter if points don't match...I wouldn't have noticed, anyway...if you hadn't mentioned it. =)

    hugZ,
    anne
    anniesrubyslipperz.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I am happy for all comments and I will try to answer each one if I can!