Sunday, May 6, 2012

Orange! Or Is It Tangerine?

It's been snowing today here, not feeling much like Cinco de Mayo at all!  Think I should go to Mexico to catch up on the heat?  I'd love to!

I spent part of the day finally getting to work on the Zakka Style Pencil Case, and I called mine Rosie Posie!



I love the orange linen!  And the Kaffe Fasset scraps, and even the polka dots!
This project's new technique was those little embroidered initials.  I have seen embroidered tags on towels and things in Sweden, and I have seen the blank ribbon here too, but I couldn't find any.  I did find some of the tape people sew into their clothing nowadays, that they use a marking pen with.  So I went with that.  I looked up different ways to make initials, and some different easy stitches. I found the stitches here and I combined many different initial styles to something I drew myself.  They are supposed to be L.T. but maybe that T looks like a J!




At any rate, working with the brightly colored linen, and the fabulous posies I chose for the strips made me forget about that snow outside for a good while.

3 comments:

  1. The orange linen is wonderful - so cheery and happy!! Love the Kaffe Fassett fabrics too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! all the colors make me so happy, just looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rosie posie is lovely......wonderful touch with the embroidered initials.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I am happy for all comments and I will try to answer each one if I can!