Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Some Paper Piecing Makes


Here's what I've been up to lately, besides taking a course and not blogging!

Measure Twice block, Quiet Play pattern

Measure Twice block for Quiet Play's ...and Sew On Quilt Along

It was really fun to raid my fabric stack and make a little story out of this block.  I love text fabrics, and I am partial to that little bit of Kwanza fabric, the gold bit used for the tip of the tape measure!  And, as usual, these colors just plain made me happy!

And...

Stocking DQ for Judee, December Swap

Stocking block with Amy Friend's Pattern from During Quiet Time.  This was made for Judee in California, as part of a swap for Doll Quilters Monthly. I had a fun time puzzling out how to coordinate everything from a layer cake of Aneela Hoey's Cherry Christmas--especially for the background.  I think they blend nicely with good variation.  I also used some Sew Stitchy and some Flurry.

Then, I squeaked in some lacy trim between the layers, sewed on buttons and jingle bells and gold snowflakes (for sunny snow!)

Judee sent me these pics from daylight, as I just didn't get any good ones.  Thanks!

Here is a detail.  I just love all the seams in Amy's pattern.

Stocking for Judee, detail

I'll be back to show some more this weekend I hope!

5 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I have some paper piecing to do this week for a friend, and seeing your projects is making me want to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! The stocking block is too cute! Love the way it is done.
    I love paper piecing and I'm currently working one some NYB blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your stocking doll quilt!
    Hope I get you for a partner soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the extra details, the lace, bells and snowflake stitches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I am happy for all comments and I will try to answer each one if I can!