Saturday, February 23, 2013

Swedish Saturday


Hiya!  I'm easing back into blogging with some pictures from around town.  Here's what it looks like in the shop windows in Östersund,  Sweden.  I hope you enjoy the little tour and feel as inspired as I do to with a change of scenery!

Where to store the Wasa Crisp and Coffee
Where to store the Wasa Crisps and Coffee

Stuffed Animals and Plastic Woven Kitchen Mats
Stuffies and Woven Plastic Rugs - I love this store!

Merimekko in Östersund
Merimekko Banners in Östersund

More Merimekko and Reflections
Springy Merimekko in Östersund I think The coffee cups are my favorite, but the towels last FOREVER!  Really nice quality of textile.  We have some home that are from the 1970's that still hold their color...

Waiting for Spring, 8 am and still dark 4
Bulbs Waiting for Spring

Waiting for Spring, 8 am and still dark
Spring Window Display at Hamngatan 10

And at home, we've had lots of new tracks in the snow:
Swedish Winter Series, February
Fox Tracks, Chain Stitch

Swedish Winter Series, February
Tracks from:  Fox, Person, Dog, Deer, and Magpie (See the wing marks?)


Hope you're having a great Saturday!
Lizzie in Sweden

7 comments:

  1. aww that Knäckebrot is great - I'm still looking for one with the right measurements, they always make them a bit big here, well too big for just one pack ...

    Ohh that frog is great (ok I sort of colelct frogs - someone has to) - and those carpets look nice, but I'm not sure where I woudl put a plastic carpt? hmm maybe in the "windcatcher" (that part of the hall, that's seperate form the rest of the hall directly after the main door, where you keep shoes etc...)

    And I really really like Marimekko fabrics, but they are soooooo expensive. I got a dish towel with that birch on it from my Finnish French teacher as a go away present - I'm using it as a picture on the wall, I don't dare to use it to actually try dishes ...

    You have a nice Saturday too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun to visit!!! Loved the chain stitch in the snow. The windows say "spring" so I am sure it is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun window shopping! I love those gorgeous textiles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi and thank you for a lovely tour! Thank you also for your visit in my blog and for your wonderful comment! I can send you today warm sunshine from Crete - sorry can't dring raki! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ok, I've no business having Raki either! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful. Thanks for giving us a look at your lovely town.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I am happy for all comments and I will try to answer each one if I can!