Monday, March 18, 2013

Sunday Sewing

Remember these?


They turned into these!  


Here's how it went down.....


I used my crumbs of muslin to cover the black interfacing, added a linen backing and sewed around the outside and turned everything right side out again, top stitching the outer edge...

...marked the quilting lines with water soluble marker (like Magic!)
Quilted

Solved the markings with water

Patted dry and ironed

Sewed up the corners and ironed again...



And ended up with one puffy and one trim basket, based on the battings I used, which were All crumbs.  I like the structure of the puffy one, and the non-puffiness of the trim one!

4 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! I am happy for all comments and I will try to answer each one if I can!