Monday, June 24, 2013

Aum-Ines Equals Happiness!





If you've been reading the last few weeks, you've seen I have started sewing along with the Zakka Along 2.0, hosted by Lindsey of LR Stitched and Debbie of a Quilter's Table.  The projects all go along with Ayumi Takahashi's lovely book Patchwork Please.  And for me, they spell pure happiness.  

Each project centers around making functional and fun projects, with plenty of teeny tiny details, but not necessarily teeny tiny stitches.  Only if you want to!

Week one had special bell pepper coasters or hot pads, and a sweet intro from Sew Take a Hike.

I made a pepper family :D


Pepper family 
 Week 2 had the second project in the book, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Towels with a super intro by Maureen Cracknell Handmade.

I changed mine and re-drew the appliques to make tomatoes, fruits, bread, and a cake on a cake stand for my towels, and I changed the lettering to Swedish.  It is so cool here usually that we can keep the food on the counter top without it going bad, but it's pretty to cover it!  (And it keeps out any stray fruit-flies ;)

Towels in Action
Kitchen tea towels, with quilter's cotton from Pink Penguin on Etsy, Fat Quarter Shop, Westwood Acres, Fabricworm, and Linen and linen-hemp blend bought right here in Sweden
   
This past week was the lettered tea cozy with a little tea wallet pouch to go with.  Noodlehead showed her version. I had a blast playing with colors.  Before I knew it, I had made a rainbow.  I started out with the color range of some lady slipper flowers near my house, and the idea that we usually drink more tea when Fall comes.  So I chose stronger and bright colors. And, I took out the special shot cotton to give it a try-- Yay, worth it!


Tea Rainbow
Tea Cozy and wallets with Oakshott cottons, quilter's cotton form Pink Penguin, and Hexie fabric from Blossom heart Quilts Etsy, and Vintage buttons and fabric from my stash


  interior 


That's the really fun thing about the Zakka style, you get to really pay attention to all the little details and make it "just so."  No hurry, the journey is just as important as the destination.


ZAL 2.0 3 Weeks 

 I've been practicing applique and satin stitch, drawing patterns, and I learned how to make and use my own bias tape!  And I've enjoyed a lot of feedback and chatting at the Flickr group too, including a little with Miss Ayumi herself :D

I think summer is a great time to try new things after all.

I'm joining up with Heart of Charnwood's Let's Get Acquainted link-up.....


Happy Monday!

Lizzie in Sweden

***EDIT***
  I do not know why, but my page seems to be loading oddly, with the comments and side bar sections gone and back again.  Seems to work if you refresh the page, but I will be changing templates shortly to try to fix it.  Sorry for the inconvenience, I like to read comments!

4 comments:

  1. lovely projects and all of detail really adds so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Lizzie! I agree, these projects really make you love the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so beautiful.Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving Zakka 2.0 myself but haven't completed all the projects you have! Your look awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I am happy for all comments and I will try to answer each one if I can!