Wednesday, November 27, 2013

November Doings

bow 5
Double rainbow today!
I've been up to a lot this month, but not telling much about it. I been taking lots of pictures of nature, and I've been sewing bee blocks and receiving blocks too. I have also done a little fabric swapping. I don't know how to really mix the nature pictures with quilting, but when it looks as dramatic outside as it does this time of year, with steely grey skies, birds flocking to the feeders, and sunrise that starts at 9 in the morning, well, it's hard to only sit inside and sew. I think it has given me a good rest to sew a little, got outside a little, and then repeat! Here are a few show and tells.....


3x6 Bee, European Ladies, my block
My Circle of Geese Test Block
Magic Light 2
Lovely moss and lichen found this morning in the forest
Here go moose
Moose hair found on the forest floor today by Zack
Ladder
Late day sunlight on the barn next door
Geese Circles made for 3 x 6 Bee, European Ladies
All the bee blocks for the 3 x 6 group, together
utkiken
Woodpecker sitting very still at the top of a pine
November
A mix of the bee blocks, the fabric swaps, the artist trading card, and some nature pictures from November

2 comments:

  1. The six bee blocks look great. Especially love the one in the right top corner. Muted red and aqua go really nice together. Your photos of nature make me feel the cool freshness of air and feel the the tranquility of country life. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful nature photos. Those circle flying geese blocks are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I am happy for all comments and I will try to answer each one if I can!