I never showed how they turned out!! They came out great, and well received too! The only problem is that my pictures were really blurry, even with the "real" camera. But here's a glimpse anyway......
This was taken at about 6:30 in the morning, and still very dark out. I used Jeni Baker's tutorial for them, and I even looked at the video she has on her post, about how to do the boxed corners. I have to admit, it was just neat to see her "in person." A demonstration goes so much farther than words too, in showing how to make something. I showed my elf too! Alas, she was fretting too much about singing at the Christmas concert to help sew, but she was there for all the fabric selection, and it is on our list of sewing together projects to make a few more.
I tried a new way to mark the fabric too, when sewing in the drawstring channel. I have heard about a Hera marker but I never bothered to order one. I do happen to have lots of Swedish butter knives around the house though, and I thought it would be great to give one a try. This one came right from the drawer, and was a little worn. It worked just fine for making marks, but I will add that some of the plastic wore off. It didn't damage the fabric in any way, but there were little blue crumbs to be brushed away. If I use one again, I'll be sure to use the backside of the spreader part, as that is denser and sealed. Definitely worked in pinch, and there's no blue marker or chalk showing. And no pen mark will show when they go out in the cold either, as could happen with Frixion pens. Unless winter stays stalled here!
I hope you all are having a fabulous Sunday!