Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Eleven Questions from Wendi at Prsd4Tim2

While I was deep in Swedish slumber (Feb through almost the whole of March) a blogger buddy sent me a message that she had nominated me for a Leibster Award.  It's a really sweet thing to do, to recognize the work another blogger puts into making blogland a happier place.  
I don't really feel worthy of such an award, as I am simply not consistently here, but I can't deny the friendship and fellowship Prsd4tim2 gave me by offering it.  She said she loves my mix of quilts and nature photos, and well, that shows she gets what I'm going for here, even if I don't sometimes!
xoxo BIG THANK YOU WENDI!!! xoxo 
So, in the interest of friendship and getting my act together, here are my answers to her Leibster Questions:
 1. Why did you start blogging?
I wanted to encourage myself to create, be it collage or quilting, and I was drawn to the idea of combining pictures and words in an informal, but accessible setting.  I thought if I learned anything, others might learn from me too. I thought of it as a fun way to send letters back home to my family in the States too.
2. What is something this year that you are really looking forward to?
This year I am looking forward to finishing two sampler quilts and a pile of UFO's, one at a time.  I'm also looking forward to becoming an Auntie for the first time!  And I'm hoping for another trip somewhere, but we'll have to see......
3. What is your favorite thing to do to unwind?
I'm a TV gal when it comes to unwinding.  I also love to walk in the forest and take pictures, and I love to read before bed.  During the day, I like to sit on the window seat for a few minutes and look at the birds.
 
4. Photos say a thousand words so share a photo that means the most to you. Why is that picture important to you?
It's hard to choose one photo, but the one I really love right now is one of my father and me, from when I was a child. I found it displayed upstairs in my Grandmother's house when I went home for a visit/her funeral recently.  We both look very happy.  It is a picture of me, but when I see it, I feel how much my grandparents loved me, just the way I am.

 
I think it is the way she always saw me, mischievous, happy, waiting and believing something fun was about to happen.  And I'm wearing red, which she loved (but a color that is harder for me to wear right now.)  I know that when this picture was taken, my socks kept falling down.  She gave me a pair of rubber bands to hold them up.   When I visited just, I looked and she still had a bunch of rubber bands on the handle to the living room door. Of course I took a pair with me :) 


4. What quote inspires you the most?
http://www.amazon.com/Leo-Late-Bloomer-Robert-Kraus/dp/006443348X
 I can't remember the exact quote, but I say "Pulling the roses won't make them grow faster" and I think about how the tiger in Leo the Late Bloomer pulls on the flowers so much, he pulls them out and they don't grow at all!  Patience......
5. Name a quilting tool you can’t live without & why?
 There are plenty of good quilting tools, like the rotary cutter, and the Omnigrid rulers, especially the Square Ups, which are really convenient for cutting accurately.  I really love my can of compressed air for cleaning out threads and lint from the machine.  
Edited to add:  I really love Superior needles and couldn't live without them!

6. Where is your favorite vacation spot?

 I love Crete!  It is fairly easy to get to from Sweden, and I love the rugged nature and the fresh veggies and warm people.  Austria comes a close second, for the amazing landscapes.


7. What is your favorite blog?
There's no way I can choose just one favorite blog!  But I do have a list on my side bar of those I visit pretty often....


8. What is your favorite way to work out?
Sigh....I don't work out.  But when I did, I loved biking and running and swimming and even lifting weights.  Sure would be nice to do that again!!  I bet I have to swap running for walking though.
  

9. Where do you like to shop?
I love to check out grocery stores when I travel, and I love open markets if there are any.


10. What's the best advice you've ever been given?
 
The best advice I ever got was to speak from the heart, and speak truthfully.  Not to be mean, but to be honest.  Nothing is ever so big that you can't share it, and sparing someone's feelings can often hurt and confuse the matter more than just saying what you truly feel.
 

11. What is your favorite blog post you've written?
My favorite blog post would have to be Thinking About Sis and Grandmother because it was such an active post, sewing and thinking about my family, sending and receiving pictures back.  The next in line would be Zackie Boy Is In Doggie Heaven, because it came straight from my heart, and because of the love that came back to me from sharing it.

Now, I'd like to do a twist on the Leibster and nominate ALL who read this for a Leibster.  No pressure! Just take the questions below, answer and post if you'd like to share some cool info about yourself!  Then, if you want to, no pressure, add a link to your answers here to share more!
1. Why did you start blogging?


2. What is something this year that you are really looking forward to?


3. What is your favorite thing to do to unwind?


4. Photos say a thousand words so share a photo that means the most to you. Why is that picture important to you?


4. What quote inspires you the most?


5. Name a quilting tool you can’t live without & why?


6. Where is your favorite vacation spot?


7. What is your favorite blog?


8. What is your favorite way to work out?


9. Where do you like to shop?


10. What's the best advice you've ever been given?


11. What is your favorite blog post you've written?

Happy sewing!

3 comments:

  1. What a great post. Great answers and great photos. Your Dad's style is back in again too, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading your answers, and I LOVE your photos. The photo of you and your dad is so sweet. I wish I was truly comfortable taking photos. Sometimes I don't blog because I'm too lazy to go take pictures (dare I admit it?) And I seldom have the camera when something cool happens (what a dork). But I really love your landscapes and nature photos. So inspiring! Thanks for a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great post, it's great to get to know you better through your answers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I am happy for all comments and I will try to answer each one if I can!